Monday, October 10, 2011

Front of Fridge is Valuable Real Estate

“What’s that and why is it posted on the fridge,” the children whine.

Even after careful, pre-planned explanation of the purpose and necessity of the Excel Spreadsheet Half Marathon Training Schedule and its important location on the front of the fridge, the children are not very understanding. 

“You told us nothing goes on the fridge because it makes the house look cluttered,” the children whine.

I quickly correct that things can go on the fridge.  Just not for very long.  Only something as important as the Excel Spreadsheet Half Marathon Training Schedule can be displayed on the front of the fridge until every box is checked off and I am ready to race.

“You don’t let us put our artwork on the fridge,” the children whine.

Sure I do.  Each piece of artwork is allowed to be posted on the fridge for all to enjoy, until dinner is over.  Then we take it down and add it to the pile for their scrapbooks.

“What about our school lunch calendar?” the children whine.

Seems silly to me to post a lunch menu in plain sight when you always get hot lunch. Where’s the surprise in that?

“While we are on the subject, I’d still like to know why you keep moving my travel schedule to a file cabinet, because it belongs on the fridge,” my husband whines.

My kitchen, my fridge, my Excel Spreadsheet Half Marathon Training Schedule.  Can’t you three be more supportive? 

No comments:

Post a Comment